Saturday, January 23, 2010

5 peeks

1. It's been a great day! These happen every so often. You know the kind, where your closets and drawers are stuffed with CLEAN CLOTHES, that made it out of the basket, got folded and actually put away in the (gasp!) saaaammmeee day.

2. This message by Andy Stanley was beyond good (the Lord causes some serious wisdom to spill out of that man's mouth) and perhaps gave me a push towards such "go-get-'em-ness". I listened to it while typing in grades this week at school. Perhaps you can check it out during a jog or tackling your own laundry!

3. I think God might have taught me how to paint like a big girl, today. I'm painting a portrait, and I just might post a pic when it's done. I'm also working on an 8 ft. sign for someone else. It's a delight to do what I love, while my kids play in the same room as me.

4. One of the trillions of things I've underlined in this study, One in a Million by Priscilla Shirer is this quote, which caused me to ink up a page again:

"As we consider the possibilities of what might go wrong if we step out and do as God says, we slowly convince ourselves that the possibility of the negative is more trustworthy than God."

5. ...

Out of time! I'm going to save this one for a post tomorrow.

2 comments:

Leigh said...

you better remember to come back and blog number 5 tomorrow :)

Anonymous said...

I'm also doing One in A Million! We're only on week 2, but God is definitely dealing with some things in my heart.

I'm so glad to hear that you still paint and take commissions; you are a very talented girl!

And, thanks for reminding me of Charles Martin. I do love his work, but it's been a couple of years. Maybe he has some new stuff out?