Sunday, January 24, 2010

#5

See that guy on the far left. That's John, Belle and Christian's Daddy. He has been in the US for almost 8 months (stationed in Italy & deployed to Afghanistan for 3 years prior), and this week he'll head out to Haiti. John's an Army Medic and will do an amazing job caring for people. I'm excited that he will be performing his passion. I'm excited that hurting people (beyond what I can imagine) will be receiving more care. John teaches classes on battlefield medicine. Right now Haiti, looks to me, comparable or worse than any battlefield. Expert crisis care is what they need. My heart is so glad for all of this.

John will be gone for 3 months or more. So, I pray for my babies' hearts, which had just gotten use to having a Daddy nearby. My most fervent prayers though are for what the Lord will do in the heart of that man in this picture (taken on our ski trip a week ago). The Lord has put me on a mission to pray for him.


I, of course, pray for all of those who are on a mission to help the suffering people in Haiti and for the very people, themselves, who are enduring circumstances that any blog cannot do justice.

Will you join me?



Thank you friends.




1 comment:

He & Me + 3 said...

I sure will pray with you.