Friday, August 7, 2009

Geez-looeeze, maybe i oughta update

Okay so I feel super snuggly and content.
Summer has been a joy to spend.
It's still my favorite.
I adore "playing" stay-at-home mom, but you know, something about fresh school (in my case - art) supplies makes it alright to head on back. That and I know the Lord hasn't told me to quit. So, here I am typing in short, uneloquent sentences.

Check back in. Maybe God will make me witty or wise. (Like he made Ellen funny that summer! -love that Ellen!) But for now, I'll try to post a pic of my kids looking like really cute here and there, or quote someone else less chilled out than myself.

I'm not lacking passion. Just soaking in contentment. And you know, how it is... in a great bath, or a deep cup of delicious coffee, or with your toes curled in sand on the perfect, not-to-hot, breezy day... there just aren't so many words, but a whole lot of AHHHHHH. So here's my big ole smile of contentment (chalk that up as a gift from the Lord), and my "Hi" to my blog-reading friends out there. See you soon.
p.s. Mel, as Chicago would say "you're the inspiration." yep, i read Leigh's comments. haha!
p.p.s. on a further random note, "Look Away" is still a really good song. haha. wow. goodnight.

5 comments:

Pam said...

ive missed you! i lost your e-mail address too!! hearing your contentment makes my heart soar!! be blessed sister!!

He & Me + 3 said...

Feels good to be content. I love that sound. So true. Trying to teach that concept to my kids. Tough one to learn. But feels so good when you can rest in it.

Mel said...

I knew I had the power to move you.
Look Away never sounds as good as it did on your walkman at the beach house! I always think about that when I hear it. :)

Paula V said...

Good to hear from you. Would love to hear more about your goings on and particularly any updates in your journey of restoration.

Rejoicing over your contentment...it is much to be desired. I can't honestly say I'm in a state of contentment. Can't honestly say I'm close but desiring it.

Many blessings to you.

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you remember that! There is so much freedom in contentment; so glad this summer was full of it.