Saturday, March 21, 2009

Here I Am

Here I am. Pooped, Mommy of 2 precious children, sitting in jogging pants, tank and Wal-mart "track jacket." Thinking about this week. Lincoln Brewster's Amazed playing on my laptop... from somebody else's blog's playlist (I don't have my own music or an ipod, not that I wouldn't, but i don't) :) -

Oh, I love this simple simple life. I do.

I love that Belle had her first sleepover birthday last Friday night.
I love that I'm the mom of a 7 yr-old. That's hilarious, isn't it!? They were so sweet. But I felt like the silly babysitter, not the mom. But, yep, I was IN CHARGE. hahaha


I love that this week I got up way too early for this so-called "night person," sipped my coffee, soaked up time with my Lord, cuddled up under my green throw, and wanted the clock to freeze - it didn't - went to work, laughed with silly middle schoolers and came home and cooked and took the kids to the places we needed to go and cleaned the kitchen and put in loads of laundry and swept the dirt off the kitchen floor ten-hundred times and dried off their cutie bodies and read them books in bed and said prayers and kissed and tucked them, tucking snapshots and whispers in my heart...
and woke up and did it all over again.

I love that I had no time to post the 6 other pictures of Belle that i thought I would, because i've fallen in love with early bedtimes.

I love that I've begun to love books. yes, I am a big girl now. yeah right - but getting there
I love the phone conversations that I've had with treasured friends, that my mom is there for me in a precious way, though I know our polar opposite personalities can drive one another bonkers. haha, I love my Mom.

I love that the only reason I excercised was because Christian and I were playing chase, attempting to fly a kite, and playing some baseball. Oh, and because those darn pine cones and pinestraw just won't pick themselves up.

I love that when i get off my "hiney-boot," as a friend of mine calls it, I find JOY.
Doesn't make sense does it? Seems like a cozy coach and a giant TV would make me the happiest. Nothing wrong with that, I suppose, but the way the Lord's wired me, and I think most of us, from what Proverbs (amongst others) :) alludes... there is Joy in doing life. Doing.

So may these "I loves" echo as "Thank YOUs!"

"You dance over me, while I am
unaware.... You sing all around, but I never hear the sound... "
Looking back on these two weeks, I see you Lord.
I hear you Lord.
I love you, LORD!

3 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

Beautiful post. Glad you are back. I'll bet that sleepover was so fun. Litttle girls just love sleepovers.

Paula V said...

Beautiful post, Kelly. I love all your "I loves".
Love,
Paula

Rachel said...

i needed to hear that!