Wednesday, March 25, 2009

confessions of a procrastinator

UPDATE HERE, SUNDAY 3/29: I AM PLEASED TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE LETTERS ARE COMPLETED! Thanks guys for the accountability!

Okay I need some accountability here! I agreed to paint some little wooden letters like this:


for a former co-worker ummmmm.... about 6 (ouch) months ago. When she asked, I said, "Sure, no problem!"
Now, there wasn't exactly a deadline, but um, yes, I think that she reasonably expected to see them back and painted all cutesy like 2 weeks after she gave them to me. Now, I had them sitting out where I could see them for forever, but I got tired of that bag telling me what a bad former co-worker/word-keeper I was, so I stashed them away in my "craft closet." But I think they mock me from behind the door. In their little bag, they call out, "You should paint me! You shouldn't put this off any longer...you're a bad, bad woman, that doesn't do things she ought to!"

"Procrastination is attitude's natural assassin. There's nothing so fatiguing as an uncompleted task."- William James

In that case, I'm exhausted!

So, I'M DOING IT FOLKS! I WILL AT LEAST PAINT 2 OF THOSE WOODEN LETTERS TONIGHT!

What have you put off??? Comment with what task you'll scratch off your brain's list! I'm excited!

5 comments:

Leigh said...

oh the list I could write for this. The main thing is the huge pile of laundry in the guest room. I do 1 or 2 loads and avoid the fact that I really need to do like 6 or 7. This weekend it's happening, it has to.

He & Me + 3 said...

Changing the clothes for the spring season. I hate going through all the cloths. Ugh.

Paula V said...

Love the new header and cute background to match.

Love the cutesy letters. You'll do great.

I can't think of anything that I'm procrastinating on.
Oh, typing the meeting minutes from some past meetings. Obviously it's not a must but I should do them so I can toss my handwritten ones. Oh, I've not started the I Do Again book but I'd rather wait until I'm moved and really enjoy it. I'm doing good at packing something every night. For crying out loud, I've painted my fridge, canister set, towel holder, and last night my metal four drawer filing cabinet got it...spray painted and I need another can for a finishing coat to look even.

Take pictures when you are finished.
Love,
Paula

Anonymous said...

I have been putting off cleaning out some closets. I got two done today but the biggest task, the hall closet, still looms.

I know the letters are going to be adorable!

Andrea said...

I have to confess my procrastination skills as well. I need to strive more for discipline. Your profile said that you want to be found faithful. That is my prayer, too. You are indeed a faithful woman of God, for you are serving Him through your love of family, many gifts, and love for the Lord and others. God bless.