Saturday, March 7, 2009

Gonna Miss This Moment

For a day filled with moments (thank you Sweet Lord for 75 degree heavenly weather!), it's hard to pick just one. But I'll surely miss the endings to my children's days, where we cuddle up to read all together in my bed, and then they run in their cutie pjs to their little beds, we pray, and I tuck them each in.




Our latest read is The Boxcar Children. Which, seriously, if you're worried about the economy... just read The Boxcar Children. They knew, like Paul, all ya need is food and clothes. That shall be enough. Anyhow - on to my moment!!!




Tonight, as I was tucking Christian into bed, loving the smell of his freshly shampooed head,

he says sweetly, "You pray first, Mommy"


"Okay baby. Dear God,..."


****PPPEWWW PPPEWWW... Gun-like, alarm-kinda-like, crazy noise sounds from deep beneath his covers. I knew at once - the Power Ranger phone!*****
My eyes flash open, and his are open WIDE

And then comes the laugh. Christian has a laugh that starts in his belly and shoots out the corners of his eyes. He couldn't stop laughing and neither could I!





I will truly miss bedtime with my babes, and yes, crazy little toys that make absurd noises at ANY GIVEN MOMENT!
Thanks Pam for inspiring this weekly reflection.

8 comments:

Tanya said...

That's so cute, I usually sit on something like that at least twice a day.

Carrie said...

So funny! I love belly laughs! THat sounded like our bedtime tonight, except the noise was not a toy, it was a toot! ha ha! THat made us laugh, even though not appropriate :) Alex always gets a kick out of that when he does that! THanks for sharing!

He & Me + 3 said...

Too cute. I will miss those cuddly bedtime moments at night too. In fact I am off to have one right now. Enjoy your cuddles too!

Lizzie said...

AHHH we have the same phone! what a great moment you have :)

cameover from Pam's

Pam said...

Love that smile/laugh!!! What a precious moment!! We are ready to start another book here too, what a great idea, we have a few of those boxcar children books! I think we'll head there next! Thanks for linking up!!

B said...

What a sweet/funny moment. I find my boys are so silly at bedtime where my daughter just wants cuddles.

Paula V said...

This really is precious, Kelly.

Gayle said...

I wish I could bottle belly laughs. Cute story.