Monday, December 8, 2008

real quick

-Today, "Boy (the name) I'm praying for" (see below) didn't get to open his present because he was horrible for his teachers. Praying that tomorrow we get to play with the football my kids and I got for him!
-My son put rocks in the sink disposal. then we put macaroni down the drain. squishy macaroni noodles and rocks. gross. Rocks!? really. He's 5. not 2... and rocks???
aaah
-Leigh and Gray are adopting!!! How awesome. See here and here for more details.
Love them! These 2 have provided countless hours of free babysitting and LOVE for my children and me... for no reason. guess cause they know Jesus, and you do weird stuff like that when you do.
- Had a work conversation and another person talk about why they don't think it's important to go to church.
...could do a whole other post about my response...
but being a part of a growing church is flat out biblical. Satan loves nothing more for us to be isolated. So yeah, if you start with a Bible study being your "church"... then I'm thinking you're doing something great - not wrong. There's no card carry'in... letter of intention blah blah blah in the Bible. JUST incredibly intentional meeting together for the sake of JESUS' name, not so much coffee. Although, i do love the "Java stop" on the second floor of my church - just sayin.
Keepin this quick - so I won't go further. But it's about heart, relationship with Christ, seeking, following, obeying. WHO CARES WHAT THE PEOPLES SAY. done with that topic for now.
-My sweet sweet babies making good choices. "Mommy, I spilled the milk, and we thought about not telling you, but we decided to tell the truth." PRAISE YOU LORD! seriously, deception was at the heart of me from day 1, and was a mega struggle even into adulthood. (for the record: I would now classify it under semi-mega struggle amongst my other flaws)
-oh and ... bummer, got to work today, good hair day, feelin kinda cocky, and midday saw a full-length mirror for the first time and realized my pants were too short for my boots. ugh - now that's just straight up earth for you. oh me.
-G'nite!

1 comment:

Leigh said...

we do love you and your children so much! But really who couldn't? Belle and Christian have provided us with countless hours of laughter, we still tell stories about those two to our friends. I mean the "Christian sitting on Gray's lap" story is famous now.