Saturday, September 6, 2008

Hope vs. a headache

so much for the mood music... geez. For the past couple of days my "playlist" has made my computer freeze and posting a pain, so I haven't. :) But off it is, and so, I invite you to pull out your ipod or turn up the radio, and read on.

It's super sunny outside, and it's Saturday and I'm thankful to be home. Home needs some cleaning and putting away and ironing. How the heck do people manage ironing??? I always have items needing to be ironing hanging... I've even forgotten I owned things, because they were hidden in the "need-to-be-ironed" blob of clothing that chills on hangers in my laundry room for forever. But I have a sore throat, had a weirdo/disturbing dream last night, that I won't go into, cause it would scare you, and a headache that makes me want to sleep. Wow! :) what a bummer. BUT. Power Rangers came on, kids are loving it, and I want to say hello while I can. I can do this today, because my Jesus is amazing. I'm just thinking though. Some of you at some point might feel like I do now. (of course you will or do) I feel cruddy. Slightly stressed, and not really at peace. Irritable (not because of pms either). I have unrealistic visions of and pitty-party disillusionments... birds chirping and families in parks or Dads and Moms or couples joking with one another or getting things done around the house. I have mom guilt, because the thought of playing outside in the heat makes me want to lay down and say night night. I feel like out my window other people have lunch dates with friends and friends (even) around to make plans with. I feel like typing it out, rather than keeping it in. And if I actually click the "publish post" orange button, it's because maybe someone else needs to know that we all feel yucko, in spite of the amazing knowledge of better things and eternal perspective. And we all need a little love and help at times to snap out of it.

Okay! So, I am going to publish this, because after I let those negative thoughts release, hopefully without hurting anyone, I know can get on my knees - pray to my sole energy Provider, read some fresh words from my Lord, and go throw in a load of laundry, hug my babies and muster up the energy to at least get on the floor and do a puzzle!

"...The Scriptures give us patience and encouragement so that we can have hope." Rom. 15:4
I have a headache, yep, but I have hope! Here's a hug from me for those of you carrying around a throbbing in that temple of yours. Love you!

1 comment:

Paula V said...

"it's because maybe someone else needs to know that we all feel yucko, in spite of the amazing knowledge of better things and eternal perspective."

This is my life. I too often feel yucko, blue, sad, hopeless, on and on even though I know God has good things in store for me and for His glory. But...the ever present...but.