Wednesday, August 6, 2008

the handcuffs are out

2 of the 3 Florence-trip "to-dos" are off the list. 1) I needed to get new bags for my vacuum cleaner. (love my vacuum by the way - hate the fact that I will need to forever order bags online or travel 39 miles to fetch them) 2) I wanted to look for an awesome bathing suit which would enable me to focus on water-fun at Carowinds rather than the fact that my too small suit was riding up, oh and because this day of family amusement is going to cost the ole budget some money money, I wanted to find one for like $12 - which in my brain means less than $20. 3) I also wanted to go to Lifeway to get a new Bible study. To get to these objectives, one living in Cheraw, SC must get in one's car and use up a bunch of gas to get to Florence, which has things like a mall and a Lifeway, oh and find a place for my children, because I've tried on bathing suits with them before, and it's h-e-double l.

My mom had the kids for 2 & 1/2 hours... the clock was ticking.

So... to shorten up this tale in less than 30 mins- I find a top and bottom which don't transform me but fit the "I'm the mom of these two kids - I'm not perfect, but I'm pleasant and haven't given up on attempting to look decent - mold," ...by now, I'm in Sears, not because that's where one typically goes for a swimwear, but because it houses appliances like my vacuum and their bags - of course.

Still holding my tankini-top and skirt-like bottom, I get directions to the vacuums, and procede to look for the Electrolux Infinity bags. I cannot find any - Hoover, yes, Kenmore, yes, Electrolux, NO... uh - I pondered if it would break if I forced another brand bag into my lovely machine. Lady in black, with sears lanyard, called some dude over the intercom to help me. And 19-21 yr-old baby-faced "young man" comes over to help me. Okay. So, he finds my bags located oddly on another aisle altogether and in distinctly different packaging than ALLLLL the other choices I had read through. I am stoked. Cause, he just saved my day. and 1/3 of the reason for my trip. I beam and say, "awesome, can you ring all of this up for me?" And, of course, hand over my mommy suit top and bottom and the box of bags. gol (giggling out loud) He holds the bottoms as if I'd just handed him my dirty underwear and says "uhhhhh - I guess so." "Great," I say. He informs me that I'll have to get the ink tag thingy removed elsewhere. "Fine", I say. "That's on my way out." So. Super embarrassed boy totals my three items up, and I dig for my wallet. My purse is large. It takes a minute. I begin to pull out my contents because I KNOW it's in my purse and I drove an hour to arrive here. (I tell him that "I KNOW it's in here.") I take out the makeup pouch and planner and handcuffs....

HANDCUFFS!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHA.... LOL OH my word!

I turn pink and die laughing and tell them that they are my son's toy. But I know he doesn't really believe me, and I conclude that the wallet is in my car. His face is bright red and ole babyface is trying not to laugh too obviously.

We both laugh my way out of Sears. Handcuffs! Seriously. oh.

I gave my items to girl with braces and black skinny jeans behind another customer service station and she gets confused by my requesting she hold my items while I retrieve my wallet from the car.

Well friends, :) I ran out of time for Lifeway.

But i shall be vacuuming shortly! (and perhaps if I get really really lucky, we'll have a decent shot of the fam at Carowinds with new suit included.)

2 out of 3 ain't too shabby

4 comments:

Natalie H. said...

If it's not a tampon, it's handcuffs...

Mel said...

I just love you.

Anonymous said...

you had me cracking up with this. as a mom with two boys, i totally understand the off-hand things we can accumulate in our purses. poor boy!

Paula V said...

how funny. that poor guy.