Friday, June 6, 2008

COACHING

wow. I feel like I haven't blogged in forever. One week ago today, I and one of my most favorite people, Jennifer Rayfield, accepted the positions as cheerleading coaches at my alma mater. It has been a whirlwind of a week and I'm about to go to bed at 9:30 on a Friday night. I truly cannot wait! (for bed, and what's to come).
I'll keep the story short, for sleep's sake:
basically Jennifer and I were praying about the same thing; the Lord led us in the same direction... both knew we had no time to coach cheerleading at Cheraw High... both have two kids... both teach art, full-time... both thought it would be "crazy" to take on such a thing...

and we both said yes.

This will be a disaster without the Lord. We are fully dependent upon Him. We both want to be like Him. We want in some way to come close to pouring out our lives, and that our sweet Lord will be glorified in the process, as He teaches us to get out of the way.

When I got on my face and said, "God... (scared to voice what He already knew), do you want me to do this (coaching that is)?"
I felt this clear response within me: "Serve."
"Really Lord????"
really.

Okay. So here we go. I'm now the Varsity head coach for competitive cheer at Cheraw High School. More to come on how the Lord is going to consistently move - the evidence is already in the works. Well, I guess that goes without saying.

No comments: