Thursday, April 24, 2008

red socks with soccer balls



When I was in high school, I had pictures of Baby Gap ads as part of my notebook cover "collages". Weird. I know. I also at one point drew pictures of Star Wars characters. My friend Adair was a partner in crime. We were strange... quirky maybe. We liked ourselves, though. But I digress.




I really believed that I would grow up, give birth, and dress by babies in Baby Gap clothing... maybe with some Gymboree thrown in there... oh and Polo. YEAH RIGHT! And! Even if I did (like had the funds to do so), my son would still provide mommy pride-sucking, personal wardrobe choices.


This morning he came out to the car in a brown shirt with like gold and orange stripes on the sleeves, jean shorts, long RED SOCKS WITH SOCCER BALLS ON THEM, and BLACK shoes. I remembered what so many other moms had told me. "It's not worth it!" And I didn't send him back in to change. He thought he looked good. And he did look crazy cute... in a weirdo way.




When I picked up my precious boy, he was the dirtiest kid - as always. Here is some proof. I'm not sure if it does complete justice.


I love Christian!!! I love that he doesn't look like the Baby Gap or Polo Kids ad. (although got to admit the kid in the upperright is cute)

1 comment:

kellybollman said...

Okay! I just posted this, and overheard my children in the kitchen. Christian said... "Belle, I love you. God made us, didn't he." big warmth swarmed my heart... oh, and now(as I type) they're fussing. haha\
yep, I've been praying for humility