Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Milk it!


In the past few days I've felt a bit like a youth kid who just got back from camp...

You know... you get home and realize "crap, I still don't get along with my mom, and I felt so spiritually empowered and close to the Lord two days ago."

And, I'm thinking... this is it. This is where I strap on my big-girl, faith britches (read that one with the R please.. hehe), and choose to milk this season and not get lost in the day to day when the high of the initial miracles wears away. I must, of course, seek the Lord to strengthen my faith, and pray


2 Chronicles 16:9For the eyes of the LORD range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him. ...that I'm one of those hearts that He sees.


I'm stealing (borrowing!) some words from just someone that I quote so often, cause she just puts what I've thought or haven't had the wisdom to think or recieve... so well.

Here ya go (straight from the LPM blog - link on my web, today):

God Is On The Move!
Hey, you most darling of all Siestas! I hope you guys are doing well and seeing some fresh revelations of Jesus in His Word and in the blooming Spring. In my own quiet time this morning out on my back porch, God spoke to me about getting the "full measure" (those are the two words I kept hearing in my spirit) of God out of every trial or season. In other words, if I have to be in it, I want every drop of God I can get out of it. Milk that thang, Girls. Milk that thang. He didn't allow you to be in that situation for nothing. (Beth Moore)

ummm... hence the hilarious cow pic - don't be offended.


It's me again. I just read that and think. Hey, you're in a season. My friend Natalie is in newborn season. My friend Katie is in bedrest season. My friend Jessi is in newborn, new life on new coast season. My friend Kate is in gonna get married soon season. My friend Kortney is in moving to Penn (i think!) season. I'm in... woowee - what do I call this season!? These seasons can overwhelm us with lessons filled with crazy joy and achy anger and tired, and giddy, and weary, and... and... And I'm a bit too tired to be poetic here. Girl, (or guy out there) these lessons, these scriptures that leap out, these new perspectives, this rush of "OH yeah... wow," they are here for us NOW. Yes - even in "silent season."


I had a serious gush last week... wrote about it. And it was INCREDIBLE. But I'm squeezing this one. I don't want to miss a thing. There's much more to be learned! So I'll echo Beth's Texas words, "MILK THAT THANG."

haha


Just did a bit of light research.

I invite you to dig much deeper. (i.e. checking out verses within context, etc.)

Here's what I found and selected as stand-outs for me, personally.


Ezekiel 34:26I will bless them and the places surrounding my hill. I will send down showers in season; there will be showers of blessing.Ezekiel 34:25-27 (in Context) Ezekiel 34 (Whole Chapter)
Daniel 2:21He changes times and seasons; he sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning
Acts 14:17Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy."


Result of search for "season":
655 'ophen o'-fen from an unused root meaning to revolve; a turn, i.e. a season:--+ fitly.
2165 zman zem-awn' from
2163; an appointed occasion:--season, time.


"Full Measure":
John 17:13"I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.John 17:12-14 (in Context) John 17 (Whole Chapter)
Romans 15:29I know that when I come to you, I will come in the full measure of the blessing of Christ.Romans 15:28-30 (in Context) Romans 15 (Whole Chapter)
Ephesians 3:19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.Ephesians 3:18-20 (in Context) Ephesians 3 (Whole Chapter)
Ephesians 4:13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.Ephesians

4053. perissos per-is-sos' from 4012 (in the sense of beyond); superabundant (in quantity) or superior (in quality); by implication, excessive; adverbially (with 1537) violently; neuter (as noun) preeminence:--exceeding abundantly above, more abundantly, advantage, exceedingly, very highly, beyond measure, more, superfluous, vehement(-ly).
4057. perissos per-is-soce' adverb from 4053;
superabundantly:--exceedingly, out of measure, the more.
5234. huperballontos hoop-er-bal-lon'-toce adverb from present participle active of 5235; excessively:--beyond measure.
5249. huperperissos hoop-er-per-is-soce' from 5228 and 4057; superabundantly, i.e.
exceedingly:--beyond measure.

Okay, I’m don’t know which of these definitions applies to which verse. I invite you to research that yourself! I need to. But I wanted to throw this out there. My goal is to seriously seek excessive wisdom, excessive love, to receive humbly all that is promised for this time, which revolves… Praise You that they revolve. We’re not stuck! Also, that they are appointed… we’re not on some Wheel of Fortune, season spin. It’s come your way via love and a message, of “this is for YOU for NOW.”

Lord I praise you for this appointed season. May I receive the blessings, the lessons, offer Your Glory to its full measure. I see in Your Word that this is Your desire for us Lord, and I’m in agreement, saying, “Yes! I want that.” Teach me how to receive that kind of overflow in my life.



3 comments:

JandK Walters said...

You are a spring of goodness for me my sweet friend and you are so right it is time to milk it, whatever the reason this season is time for me and Him to have some QT time together. I cant wait, prepare in me a clean heart father and renew a right spirit within me! I lov you K

Kortney said...

The first line of this blog cracked me up - I was thinking the same thing this morning when I was getting ready for work. I think back to the post-Oneida summers and the strength I felt for about six weeks before crumbling all over again! God blesses us with spiritual maturity, though, doesn't He? It's great to ride on His wings with confidence and consistency!!!

Anonymous said...

This is where I am, too. In a silent season, trying to be all there. Because I think you've got to be; it's what God wants is all of us. And until we can be all there, face ourselve, milk it-however you want to say it-we won't know that full measureThanks for the encouragement.