Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Going Places

On a pilgrimmage... learning to sing:


Psalm 121
The LORD Our Protector
A song of ascents.



1 I raise my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from? (A)

2 My help comes from the LORD,

the Maker of heaven and earth. (B)

3 He will not allow your foot to slip; your Protector will not slumber. (C)

4 Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep. (D)

5 The LORD protects you; the LORD is a shelter right by your side. (E) [a]

6 The sun will not strike you by day,
or the moon by night. (F)

7 The LORD will protect you from all harm;
He will protect your life. (G)

8 The LORD will protect your coming and going
both now and forever. (H)



"Psalm 121 [paints] beautiful brushstrokes the image of a traveler on his journey. He looks at the hills in the distance, wondering and probably even fearing what might be on the other side. He anticipates the long, arduous journey ahead and, like all of us, wishes he could arrive in teh blink of an eye rather than feel the effects of life on the road." -B. Moore





-was reading this and the question was later posed:


What connection do you see betweeen taking an uncertain journey and wanting a reminder that your LORD is the uncontested Maker of heaven and earth?




Physically to any onlooker, I'm going nowhere. There is no 5 year plan - i have peace in that.


Tomorrow, I'll wake up and drive to Chesterfield, SC and teach a whole lot of precious children.


I'll come home and Belle, Christian, & I will do what we usually do.


I entitled this blog "my dot on His line" in reference to seeing my life in perspective of His eternal timeline, physically here in the "church age" awaiting the kingdom to come. but as I was driving to my ordinary, country school this morning, I thought...


Oh to go places in my faith! To look at 4/22/08 and say, look where my heart went with the LORD! Where... I might remain in a county, who's latest growth is marked by the ONE Wal-Mart being upgraded to the status of "super," (very willing to go elsewhere, as sent!) BUT experience what it means to KNOW Him here. Where will I go tomorrow? Where will He lead me!? Could we dare to desire to know the LORD, the Maker of heaven & earth, the covenant establisher, builder, redeemer more intimately than anyone else? Shocking statement, I know. But not for the sake of claiming the title, "closest-to-God-person-on-earth!," but with the HUMBLE desire of saying, "Lord, I want to be that dear woman, the one after Your heart, the one that knows You so intimately, to hear your secrets, because Lord it is just so GOOD and because I want to honor Your desire, because i want to die to me and be Yours, be Yours in a way like no other, solely because You are NO OTHER.



Protector is especially sweet to me right now. John will be on a plane headed back to Afghanistan in the morning. I have certain peace for his safety. Please pray for peace that passes understanding for the heart of John.

No comments: