Sunday, September 20, 2009

Thank Yous!!!

My Dad and I were having a conversation about my maternal grandparents a couple of weeks ago. He said, "I remember when your great-grandfather once told me, 'Always remember to have an attitude of gratitude.' " And my Dad said, he never forgot that advice. I never knew this great-grandfather, but hearing his wisdom years later is part of a precious legacy.

So... as I start this week, finding myself wishing once again that I was a stay-at-home Mom who would wake up and make her kids breakfast, then take them to school, then come BACK HOME to tackle managing my household...

instead, I choose (inspite of myself!) to be grateful...

*That my computer that was going so slooooooooooowwww.... I mean, I had actual thoughts o having it worked on... and it fixed itself!

*That my garage door now opens and closes again - thanks to my stepdad!

*That John lives so close, and can chop wood and build fires and set up tents and roast the perfect marshmallow and/or hotdog and protect his kids from creepy sounds... for a wonderful bday party & campout! That after the campout that same Daddy made time to play "lightsabers" and legos with his kids. Thank you sweet, Lord.

*That 6 years ago this treasure of a friend was there for the birth of my precious boy. And has been my friend now for 10 years and celebrated her 28th bday this week. (love you katie!)

*And that I am a momma to some amazing kids, the daughter to Believing parents, and most importantly part of Abraham's seed and an heir to the King.








f

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

What a great post. It is always a nice feeling to be thankful. We do have so much to be thankful for. We are blessed as HIS children.
Great pictures.

Paula V said...

Beautiful post! Attitude of gratitude is a great attitude to live this life.

Think of you often.
Paula

K Walters said...

Ahh! I love you, and cannot believe I made your thankful list cause you are my greatest treasure and I am more thankful than you know for your super beautiful self!!! I love you and am honored to be called your friend. I love you! K

Amanda said...

sweet post. Cant wait to see you again!

meetthesmiths said...

I didn't know you were on blogger! Justin and I are too: meetthesmiths0515.blogspot.com! It's so fun to read about what you've been up too and about Belle and Christian - they are TOO adorable!