Tuesday, June 17, 2008

one more tonight for nat

Okay, I have more to say, and I better cause, odds are it's going to be a few days before I'm able to hop back on and say anymore. (hence the title, inspiration via text from Natalie today)


First of all THANK YOU. Big time thank you for all of my fun friends' good ideas. Ellen, we just had a paper bag puppet show. Listen, before we left the house (7:30 AM), I had markers and brown paper bags and said we'd have a puppet show tonight. So, it was 8 PM after the Wal-Mart run, I'd been putting off for as long as I could, but was finally sent when the last essential pushed me over the edge - sorry - so I did a combo Rachel idea and set a timer for 15 mins. Belle lined up stuffed animals on the couch and the 3 of us did a puppet show for the animals. It was pretty much wonderful, and I have no idea why we haven't created any paper bag puppets at home before. Our cast included baby shark, played by Christian, baby butterfly, voiced by the puppeteer, Belle, and featured mama shark & mama butterfly, puppeted by yours truly. Our audience gave us a roaring applause and "vibrating, annoying giggly toy pig" thought it was hilarious.


You guys are wonderful. I'm looking forward to shaving cream in the shower (praying that one doesn't end in stitches), making silly putty, simon says in the bathroom or while waiting in line at a register!, I'm scared of the outdoor food fight, but am going to go for it anyways, and OH we halfway do a scavenger hunt, but it was a clean up thing -- but I called it a scavenger hunt and passed out bags.
"Pick up 10 red things" and then I helped them put them where they belonged. Belle bought in. Christian was wise to the underlying clean up theme. I'll try again, just for fun.

Speaking of Christian, I'll close with his "prayer #1" tonight. I'm sure I won't get this word for word, but it is definitely worth a try.
"Dear God, thank you for all of the wonderful things you made... in this world. You are powerful and everyone loves you... well... except for ROBBERS, and um, God I just thank you. Amen."

Yes, thank you, Lord, for amazing friends and for children who say it like no other.

1 comment:

JandK Walters said...

so great and I actually really need this list too we had lemonade stand number three today...summer is harder when u cant take them to the pool, but I dont think abe is quite ready for the sun! love u! K