Friday, May 30, 2008

uh... no..shoot! where is my lipstick?


I was on my way to work and at "assigned stoplight" was going to put on my lipstick. (no lashes please; I am a new woman, who 90% (used to be more like 15%) of the time leaves in the morning with her makeup on... except for my lipstick, cause it comes off when I drink my coffee on the way to work while shuffling through CD's... I am NOT a distracted driver - no.)
I typically place the lipstick and gloss in a certain pocket of my purse. So... back to where we were: I reached, and NO lipstick. So I dug through that giant thing I carry and could not find it or anything close for the life of me. "Red marker....? uh maybe - no, what am I thinking." All my eye shadow was brownish. crud. Okay, I know all of this is vain, but geez, without some lipstick or gloss, my lips feel naked and dry and I look like I should still be sleeping. Oh and I had car-rider duty and was prepping myself to say "good morning" to a billion moms/dads/kids etc. But then!!! I had a thought. I went to the nurses office and asked for a q-tip of vaseline... and explained why, so she would think I was silly not crazy.
I dipped & stirred saving q-tip into a corner of my powdered blush and had a lovely natural shade of gloss for the rest of the day. I did it on purpose at home this morning.

Hope this lightens up the mood of this ole bloggy. Now, keep prayin and checking in on Abel, the warrior that he is, via Katie's blog.

1 comment:

Paula V said...

I thought you were just going to put vaseline on your lips for shine. What a great idea of dipping the vas into blush. cool