Thursday, May 8, 2008

Playing school

I attempted to make a real dinner tonight, and suggested Belle & Christian play for a few minutes while I got things together. Well, I failed to get specific, which resulted in them literally running around the house and what they call "karate." Neither were "wise choices" on their parts. So, I said in haste, "why don't you guys go play school or something." (It was not a sweet, patience-filled conversation). I overheard Christian saying he didn't want to play school. And then I heard Belle say something like this... "well, at this school we have pizza every day and you get to play outside and eat popcorn all the time..."
I don't have to tell you who took on the role of "teacher."

I tuned the rest out for the most part. From what i could hear (we have an older home... no open floor plan here!), Christian was quite compliant, even though there wasn't any REAL pizza or outside activity or popcorn. :)

We did have a decent meal, and then they bathed, and I brushed wet hair, and read a book, and practiced letter sounds with Christian, and we prayed (had a conversation about the Lord's protection, because Belle is pretty convinced that a "bad guy" is going to be standing outside of our house at 8:00 PM), and we tucked with lots of hugs and kisses, OH and flossed for the first time since the week of our last dentist appointment which was a couple months ago.

It was super busy, but so good.


But, then as I was doing the nightly clean up and went into the living room (which is separate from the main traffic area), I saw this:

Their "school."
They had drug these chairs all in a row, pulled out specific animals for the school, and each fluffy guy had his/her own crayon and piece of paper.

It was pretty much the cutest thing I'd seen.

2 comments:

JandK Walters said...

ok yes, that is the cutest thing I have ever seen.
Kel, I want you to know that today on this mothers day there is pretty much no one else I am thinking of like you. I am in awe of your true selfless love, your right to be honored with the title and your passion to watch him raise up godly children regardless of the cost. you are an inspiration to me and to any who know your story. you are the mom of three I want to be and i cannot wait to worship with you and all our children for eternity! bootie dancing and sign languaging(?) all the way to his thrown. I love you! K

Paula V said...

precious